Pages

Friday, September 1, 2023

Couples Nights

When you are little, making friends is easy. You and one other person have to get along.

Then you become part of a couple, and all four of you have to get along.

Then you become a family, and the parents and children have to get along (or at least the moms and kids, or dads and kids).

As you can imagine, the more people in the equation, the harder it becomes.

Now that we are nearing empty-nest-hood, we are back to either being friends one-on-one with people, or couple dating.

We started the year with a quick trip to Montreal where we had a lovely dinner with long-time friend Marlene and her beau, James. The following month we got together spur of the moment with Dave and Scottie for a Bordentown's Chocolate Walk and dinner at the Flying Pig. I started thinking a good resolution would be monthly double date nights. I'm not sure what happened to the year, but I it hasn't been working out that way, until more recently. 

Dinner with Cousin Martin

George and Martha and kids

Heather and Dan

This month we hung out with George and Martha, and with Dan and Heather. Afterwards I told Don my desire to do more double dates. To my surprise, he readily agreed.

This month we will hang out with Andrew and Jo in Brisbane, Australia. Hopefully, we'll have more double dates in October, November, and December. May it become a good habit instead of something I have to struggle to make happen.

If you are reading this and want to get together -- send me a message. Our calendar is open starting October 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment