Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2026

Saturday: Carp, home to a Cold War Museum

I've decided to shift my travel stories to a new blog, PillsburyTravels.blogspot.com. It is a site I feel more comfortable sharing our travel adventures with so I can keep PillsPress.blogspot.com more personal.

That said, visit PillsburyTravels.blogspot.com for my write up about the Diefenbunker Cold War Museum in Carp, Ontario.

On our way to the museum we stopped at the local Farmers Market and bought
some maple syrup vinaigrette. I love the Trenton Farmers Market, especially because it is open five days a week. The one in Carp is only open on Saturday mornings, but it seems to have a greater variety of foods, including shops specializing in local maple syrup.   

After the museum we dined at the Cheshire Cat Pub, a local hangout. The place was happening! We had as much fun watching the staff efficiently run the floor as we did eating our delicious dinner. Knowing that between the storms in the forecast, and road closures for the Ironman Ottawa would be difficult to navigate the next day we asked a patron for suggestions. She came up with the town of Altmonte, a town so cute it is used as backdrop for Hallmark Christmas movies.

It seems our trip is shaping up to be a tour of small towns in Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment