Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Wrapping Up 2020

I've been hesitant to look at my 2020 goals because I assumed I didn't do any of them due to the virus. Instead I realized I didn't really create any goals.

I really thought I created a goal of running ten 5Ks a month. Today I realized I never stated that in my official list of goals. Still I am only six away from achieving that goal.

Muhlenberg Parents Weekend Virtual 5k

I am glad I did not set a goal of running a certain number of races or races in certain locations because that would not have happened. In the end (safe to say with only 18 days left in the year) I only ran two in-person races (New Years' Day and early March), and a few virtual ones (Mother's Day went virtual, RBG was intentionally virtual for the swag, Turkey Trot (switched to virtual), and Muhlenberg Parents Weekend (only virtual, no fee). Fortunately my motivation came from the goal I thought I set and not training for real races.

I did change my path to controlling diabetes. I found a wonderful doctor (Dr. Adi Benito) who is both a holistic and western trained doctor. After talking to me, and studying what paths I have taken over the years, she put me on Januvia. The initial three month blood work did show a lowered A1C, but all other tests showed my body is healing and I did eat more carbs. A plus.

I definitely did not visit any new (to me) cities, but I also cannot dream of visiting new (to me) places until the pandemic is under control.

We did find a great college for Ashley. She spent the fall semester living at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA. They only invited the freshmen and select upper class men to live on campus. It was definitely unique. She returns in February (God-willing) for her second semester. It turned out to be the right match -- both financially and personality.

I did not raise anywhere close to $1.2 million for The Bridge Academy. They agreed a pandemic was not the best time to push fundraising. Holding steady was an acceptable goal -- and one met.

Nor did I become a notary. Hopefully next month. I planned to after the March gala, but the world shut down. 

Time to think about 2021 goals. Maybe hold a mask-burning party? We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment