Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Six Flags

It has struck me as pretty amazing that hanging out at Six Flags has put me more in the holiday mood than anything else. We are missing our traditional gathering places -- church, school, even stores. Village Park does not decorate for Christmas (though I have heard starting on the 16th they plan to hang bells in the park so we can ring Christmas in at 6 pm on Christmas Eve -- I'll keep you posted.) Six Flags is not only decked out for the holidays (mostly Christmas) it is outside so it is easy to stay socially distanced. An hour of walking around was what I needed to feel as if Christmas is really around the corner.

Let me back up a bit. Black Friday weekend Six Flags was offering a sale too good to pass up ... $59.99 for an annual pass to Six Flags including parking (normally $25 each trip), Hurricane Harbor (new since the last time we had season passes), the safari (a nice socially distant activity), and drive through holiday display. 

I'll admit it was the last one that really sold us. For $14.99 you can drive through the theme park in your car. It is exactly like it sounds.

First, Don and I walked around the theme park. Reservations are required to keep the crowds down. We mostly walked around the park for an hour (I pretended I was at Disneyland) and rode the sky tram. We enjoyed the holiday decorations.












After making another reservation, we returned for the drive thru version. It was a lot like walking through the park, except we stayed in the car the entire time. They piped music through the park, so we drove with the windows down.

We kept to 3 MPH and followed the car ahead of us the whole time.









Mostly we laughed about the absurdity of driving through Six Flags. I wondered how the roads were holding up since they could have have been built for this much traffic. Did we cross any bridges?

It is continuing for another week, but from what I've seen on social media, there are only a few time slots left. Plus there is snow in the forecast. We went at just the right time -- no rain, and warm enough to roll down the windows.

May you find something festive in 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment