Pages

Friday, December 23, 2022

Lawrence Recreation

It has been fun seeing the new activities the Lawrence Recreation Department has been creating lately. I don't know if the changes are happening because of the pandemic, or because of new leadership since Steve, the former director, retired after holding the position for decades. In any case, new activities have been taking place around town.

The most recent is that the Grinch has been seen in different parks. There was even a mock press conference announcing his appearance in town. 

Things were looking serious.

When I learned he was in Village Park (down the street from our house), I went to look for him.



I found him looking for the new Little Free Library. I think he was bored and looking for something to read.


I snapped a selfie and submitted it to the Recreation Department. I was rewarded with an email saying I won the contest. I needed to stop by their office (conveniently located between home and school) to pick up the prize.


I honestly do not know what to do with the lion/bear. I brought him with me to work. He is extremely soft, and a conversation starter.

Should I put a t-shirt on him and make him a gala prize, find a toy drive to take him to, or keep him as company?

He is cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment