Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

I Woke Up Sad

At 5 am and with no place to go for the entire day I woke up sad.

The news I read before going to bed the night before was that Disneyland might not open up all summer. An email from a friend the day before said she and her husband, both Disneyland employees, will be furloughed starting on the 19th. While confident they will have jobs in the end, in the meantime they won't have paychecks for at least several months.

I read another account that even after we are allowed to eat in restaurants, the servers will wear masks and seating will only be at 50%. How can restaurants already barely staying in business stay afloat with those new rules? If they double the price of their items they'll lose even more business.

The world feels bleak. If this was a church sermon I'd have some encouragement about looking to God, but it isn't.

I learned Uncle Bob has Corona virus. On the one hand, I'm shocked (he is naturally the type of person you would socially distant yourself from). On the other hand, I am not shocked because he is also the type of person to not wash his hands and follow CDC guidelines. He lives in a group home for veterans and is currently in the hospital. I don't know when he'll be allowed back for the health of the others living with him.

My friend Laura seems to be on the mend from the Corona virus, and her family has managed to not get it, so that is encouraging news. (Yes, there is still some good news out there.)

A mentioned to Ellen I was feeling discouraged. She said as I runner I should appreciate the middle portion of the race is the toughest mentally, and we are in the middle portion now. Hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment