Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2020

A Quick Prayer

It is Sunday again. The third Sunday since Corona Virus shut down most of the world.

Again this week I worshiped virtually at four different services. I really enjoyed returning to the American Church of Paris, where I worshiped in the fall of 1990 as an exchange student. I joined the bell choir under the leadership of Fred Gramman. Fred is still the organist at the church. He has an apartment on the Seine at the church.

The past two Sundays after worship he has given a great tour. The first week it was a close-up of the Rose Window. This week it was a 9-minute tour of the 3,327 pipes in their pipe organ. He calls his segment: Fred, the Accidental Docent. If you are into organs, you will enjoy the tour.

I also wanted to mention the simple prayer the minister encouraged us to craft. Sometimes it is not easy to pray. Sometimes I want to dive into Lamentations and tell those writer, you think you had it bad, well I can top that (not really, but pain and frustrations you are currently facing seem harder at times than ones from the past).

He asked us to:
Pray for a grief, loss from the week
Pray for a joy, even a small one like seeing a flower
Pray for one or two people suffering

It can be that simple.

I hope it helps me to figure out how to pray again. May it help someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment