Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2022

He Is Risen!

One of the pandemic losses has been the end of our beloved WiNK (Worship in a New Key) church service. It was a lifeline during the pandemic as we met on person and were a support system for each other. We still reach out to each other when we need prayers. When we began to meet again in person, it didn't gain traction. One couple moved out of state. A few weeks I was the only parishioner. The church is rebranding the service and in its new form at 11:30 am it is thriving. 

The transitioning of the service has left us feeling adrift as Presbyterians. I haven't been able to reconnect to online services or bring myself to worship at the traditional service. For Palm Sunday, though, I made an exception. I'm glad I did. Don and I then returned to church for Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunrise Service, and the 10 am Easter Traditional Service, all at the Presbyterian Church of Lawrenceville.

I realized I miss worshipping in person. Don realized he enjoys Pastor Jeff's sermons. 

I don't know the answer. I'm still not thrilled with the timing, but I'm also not interested in online worship anymore. I want to worship in a community. Since no one else in the area seems to have an evening worship service, we'll have to go with what is offered.

It truly felt like a blessing to be able to worship again in person. May we not lose ground in this pandemic.

He Is Risen Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment