Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

2024 Resolutions

We are ten days into the New Year. Time for me to commit to the resolutions I have been mulling over for the past couple of weeks. I have been thinking about them for so long I'm actually making progress on some of them.

1) Celebrate more! Invite people over to help us celebrate.

In the past two weeks we have had three parties: dad's 80th, Ashley's friends over for New Year's Eve, and Don's 60th. While I don't want to have a party a week, I do want to celebrate Ashley's graduation and my 55th birthday with parties, as well as other celebrations as they happen.

2) Learn how to dance on roller skates.

This was one of my unfulfilled goals for 2023. Jaclyn is working to put together classes. When I started to join her groups, I felt I was at the intermediate level -- after all, I could stay upright. As I watched people move as if they were born wearing skates, and realizing my greatest talent is moving forward, I knocked myself down to the beginner level. There is much for me to learn.

3) Go out with other couples.

Don and I started this last year. I'd like to make it a goal to happen at least 12 times this year -- once a month.

4) Learn how to use the settings on my camera to take better pictures with more intentionality.

I am planning to sign up and take a class at the Princeton Adult School in an effort to achieve this goal.

5) Visit at least one country new to me. 

Last year I traveled to New Zealand and Australia, countries that were not on my list in January. I'm excited to see where 2024 takes me.

6) Take a trip by myself.

My Vision Board shows a desire to travel. At least one of those trips needs to be alone.

7) Participate in a race over 5K. 

My dream race is still the 10-mile Paris to Versailles race in September.

8) Brainstorm writing a book.

I don't know what kind of book, so I'm starting with brainstorming ideas. For the month of January, I want to write 500 words a day about ideas that might lead to a book.

9) Learn Canva, or some other graphic design program.

I don't know why creating images, memes, etc. intimidates me, but they do. I also recognize having this skill would help me create content.

10) Take a class at Rider.

Registration is this week.

11) Explore teaching ESL.

Through the church or internationally, meet international people and converse with them.


I'm still missing 2024 Resolutions / Goals / Wishes related to professional growth. Last year I left my job, and have no idea what direction I should take to fill that gap. This might change in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment