Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Vision Board


I created a Vision Board today. 

Maybe that's not the real story. I accepted an invitation to create a Vision Board and actually did it!

That's probably more accurate.

Over the years I have heard the term "vision board," but I shied away. 

Too much arts and crafts.

I didn't want to cut up magazines.

I had nothing to really say.

It is not my thing.

As I enter 2024 I am trying to figure out what direction to follow. Don and I both left our jobs in 2023 -- me by choice, his not as much. Since October we've both been floundering.

Today Marge offered two shifts: noon and 5 pm. I went with the noon time, though I was invited to return at 5 pm. Due to a variety of reasons, I ended up being the only one, which meant I had the rare treat of Marge's calming and reassuring presence.

She put out a bunch of magazines and old catalogues, scissors, tape, glue, different size and colors of paper and worked alongside me. She focused on words for this year's board (she does one every year) and said at tonight's session she'll look for pictures. As I was finishing up cutting out thoughts, Marge brought out a Viking Cruise Lines booklet because she knows I want to travel. I left with a finished board, and pictures and paper to make a companion board.

Marge also filled me with encouragement and the wisdom that comes from looking from the outside in. Much needed and much appreciated.

Her board was filled with words to encourage others. To connect others.

Mine was filled with traveling and seeing the world. There are a couple of other pictures I am surprised did not make it. Once Marge said she had to leave in ten minutes (how did 90 minutes fly by that quickly?), I went with gut instinct over careful thought. She praised my creativity -- a trait I don't think of when I think of my talents.

Let's see where 2024 takes all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment