Pages

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

I want to ride my bicycle

For the past couple of years my bicycle has been hiding in the basement, and all of my rides have been on the back of the tandem. It started as a way to make room for my convertible in the garage, then inertia set in. This summer we have had some lovely, low humidity days so I decided it was time to hop on my bicycle and take a solo spin. 

I am embarrassed to admit I was quite wobbly when I started. Yes, my legs knew what to do, but my arms have learned to depend on Don's steering.

I rode about 8 miles along the Lawrence Hopewell Trail to the spur along the canal to Alexander Road in Princeton before turning around. This was no small feat due to construction at The Lawrenceville School (which in my mind, I always call Lawrenceville Prep) as they build a new indoor hockey rink, and then again back by the Brearley House where they are building townhouses starting at $650,000 -- or more than our 40-year old four-bedroom home on a third of an acre would sell for in the same town in this market.

The mental gymnastics needed to get through the construction sites was worth it.

The trail was lovely. I was surprised how few people were out midday Monday, after all it is the middle of summer.

I didn't break any speed records, but I did enjoy getting outside.

I am hoping this blogpost encourages me to get out and ride my bicycle more often.



 Home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment