Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Tim Tams

It all started with this picture:


A quiet afternoon in front of a roaring fire with a cup of tea, a book, and a couple of speculoos cookies brought from Belgium by our exchange student. 

Andrew, a friend from my year in Belgium, insisted I needed Tim Tams instead of speculoos. Insisted as in asked my preferences and shipped me a box from his home. Did I mention he lives near Sydney, Australia?

Meanwhile, I looked online. They do sell Tim Tams at the Acme in Hamilton, NJ (only one town away). They even sell knock off Tim Tams.




According to Andrew, no, these will not do. (I bought the box from Acme anyway.)

Andrew put the package together and lovingly mailed it from Australia just before they were deluged with record rain storm (they are fine). The kind where in three days it rains as much as it normally rains in one year.

The package waited in Los Angeles long enough we wondered if it would actually make it New Jersey with all of the boxes of Tim Tams unopened, and all of the "proper" tea bags. 


The box arrived on Monday. I'm a little busy with a four-letter word: GALA, and wanted to give the box its due reverence, so I waited until Sunday to open it.




We started with the Dark Chocolate Mint. They are AMAZING! I did the slam. Don did not. I forgot to follow Andrew's key piece of advice: put in the fridge first for optimal results. Thankfully, we have more to practice with. We are pacing ourselves.

Now Don and I are figuring out local treats to hand to him when we get together in a few months at Niagara Falls (Covid, please stay away!!). I won't spoil his surprise here, but it will not be Pork Roll (or Taylor Ham).

Thank you, Andrew. To have you care enough to ship treats from around the globe even though we have not been in the same hemisphere at the same time in over 30 years means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment