Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Life Resembling Broadway Show Tunes

Over the past few weeks, well probably longer, some Broadway show tunes seem to be coming to life in front of my eyes. Here are a few examples from Bandstand, which closed way to early. I'm sure I'll think of more.

Right this Way

In Bandstand the cast dreams about taking first class transportation from Cleveland, OH to New York's Grand Central Station. In my world, it was taking the TGV first class from Paris's Gare du Nord station to Liege, Belgium. Well worth the few dollar difference in price.



Breathe

I think of the lyrics "just breathe through the instrument" as I'm finding myself getting a little stressed. Life has been, well, just a little stressful lately. I find it calming.

Nobody

"You know who tells me No ... nobody...." I need to keep reminding myself that no one tells me no. I need to follow my dreams in order for them to happen.

I Know a Guy

In the musical they are looking for musicians who served in World War II in order to fill their band. In my life I often say to someone "I know someone who can do that..."

Welcome Home

The lead is singing about the boys coming home from war. For me those words are what I was thinking when I returned to Belgium after nearly three decades -- I was home again.


For my mom she was thinking of "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" from Les Miserables. What show tunes do you find coming alive in your life?



No comments:

Post a Comment