Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Fixing a Problem

I confess I have a problem. 

I lose earrings.

Just one earring. Not both.

I lost a pearl earring that was meaningful to me and turned the other into a ring. 

At times Don has bought me two pairs of earrings so when I lose one, I have the other as a back up. This only works with cheap earrings. It also works so well that I have never had to use the spare.

I rarely wear earrings with easy to lose backs and limit my earring use to only those with enclosed hooks.

Then I was walking around Michaels (a potentially expensive past time, I know). I discovered for $3.95 I could purchase 18 hooks. Don then also bought a $6 pair of jewelers pliers. He is changing my earrings to ones with the backs I like.

Note; not a true before and after, but you get the idea

The solution is so simple I don't know why we didn't think of it sooner. The pack has enough to change 18 pairs of earrings. I gave him six more pairs to swap. Some others need "gold" hooks instead of "silver" ones.

I'll be wearing more pairs of earrings with greater confidence.


No comments:

Post a Comment