Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Becoming Virtually Busy Again

 As the number of online evites are surpassing the in-person invites, as my time on Zoom is surpassing my time in-person, I'm feeling stuck.

Maybe "stuck" isn't the right word. I don't know what the right word is.

Last week I went to a 3-day virtual conference, played kazoos with a friend on Facebook video chat, and went to online Grand Jury as the temperatures plummeted.

Tonight I attend a Facebook Live worship service, go to a Zoom archaeology talk, see a friend's online play, and can return to Facebook to see another friend play the piano. 

On the plus side, I wouldn't have all of these connections without the virtual world.

On the negative side, am I really connecting?

On a different negative note, these online experiences now involve personal following up in order to have a real connection.

Hoping that by January 2023 so much Zoom will be a thing of the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment