Pages

Monday, December 31, 2018

Top 10 Posts of 2018

Happy New Year's Eve! Each year I enjoy doing a final tally to see which of my posts garnered the most interest. Typical posts are seen by about ten to fifty of my friends. When something goes "viral" it is because it was shared on a more public site. If you look at last year's list, this year I had a lot less clicks on most posts, and A LOT more on one in particular. None of the posts about our 25th anniversary cruise made the list, but if I combined them they would have. 

Based solely on clicks, here is my Top 10 List of most popular Pillsbury Press posts in 2017:

10. Mandir: a Place of Paramount Peace (150)
9. Knoebels Amusement Park (158)
(tie) Gun Violence Hitting Close to Home (158)
7. What Hidden Talents do Each of Us Have? (176)
6. Community Conversations (205)
5. Pet Update (269)
4. 30 Plus 1 (365)
3. Art All Night Turned into Barely Art 12 Hours (392)
2. Best Friends are Hard to Find (533)
1. Wedding Dresses at Howell Farm (1434)


Many of the top posts are ones I know were shared, or are political in nature. Notable exceptions are the Pet Update and writing about Carin's death and what it means to me. The irony is, I nearly did not write about Carin because it was so personal. On the other hand, the words were bubbling up inside me and had to come out. Each day I have a new reminder of something I want to tell her about. Miss her every day.

As always this started as a way to share our family news with our friends. It started as a Christmas newsletter and has grown into a way to communicate throughout the year, not just in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment