Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Room Transformation

My friend Darla recently blogged about her one-day room transformation. I wish I could say I was a speedy our bathroom transformation, since I felt like "all" we did was slap on a new coat of paint. Our transformation took closer to two weeks.

Before:




It was time to part with the Winnie-the-Pooh theme. The peeling paint around the shower moved it up the priority list. Hard to tell in this picture, but the walls were a pale green. We painted this room 11 years ago anticipating Ashley's arrival.
After:

The border is gone. The room is a bright and cheerful yellow (Ashley chose the color). We replaced the shower curtain, light, towel bar, and toilet paper holder. I added a swag of flowers to the mirror. Ashley added a bud vase of silk flowers in the corner (you can't see it in this picture). 

Overall the room feels brighter.

Good use of our recent cold snap.

Now onto figuring out what color to paint the kitchen and family room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment