Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Animation Academy at Disney World


In just a few easy steps, you, too can learn how to draw a Disney character. Every 30 minutes classes are taught in the Animation Building in Hollywood Studios (as well as in California Adventure). On our last trip to Disneyland (summer 2011) Ashley spent almost as much time learning how to draw as she did hanging out with characters. Well, maybe not quite, but it seemed like a lot. As a result of those classes, I have seen a huge difference in her drawings.

Tired from walking around at Disney for two days, and running a Half Marathon, I was up for taking a class at the Animation Academy. Actually, I was up for just sitting in the lobby calling lost and found trying unsuccessfully to locate my pedometer. Don took Ashley in for two classes. She really wanted to draw Donald Duck, but they chose Minnie Mouse and Goofy for those classes.

Ashley colored in her artwork after we came home. 

 
Don picked up fast passes for Rock 'n Roller Coaster, so I took Ashley in for the next class. I've gone to enough of these classes over the years I thought I was up for the challenge. Imagine my surprise when the cast member announces we will be drawing a new character: Snow White! I felt as if I had entered the advanced class, even though I'm still a beginner.

I made so many mistakes in mine (the uncolored one) that I started over on the back and wished with all my heart I had an eraser in my purse. 

The classes are a lot of fun. If you have not done them in the past, they are a great place to escape the crowds and soak up some air conditioning. Oh, you might learn something, too.






2 comments:

  1. My question is do many adults attend the classes even without children? I'll be visiting Hollywood Studios for the first time this Nov with my husband and adult daughter and this does sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure a lot of adults go without kids. As the art gene comes from hubby's side of the family, I send him in with her while I do something else. It is is such a favorite activity. More so in California Adventure, though, as that seems to have more space (no individualized desks). Go and have fun! Maybe try to sneak in an eraser. ;)

      Delete