Pages

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Pleasant Valley Fashions at Howell Living History Farm

Last weekend Howell Living History Farm in Hopewell, NJ resurrected their Fashion Show. After they built their barn, the fashion show was turning into an annual tradition. So much so, I thought I would be able to post links to past Pillsbury Press articles about the fashion show. Turns out the last time they held the fashion show was in 2011 -- the first year I started blogging. 

When I saw the announcement about the Fashion Show, my first thought was "hmm...those pictures look familiar." I still stand by my thoughts, but I have look in my photo albums to prove it. If that is the case, I am honored they used my pictures.

More than a decade has passed. I went from being one of the few people to carry a camera on me at all times, to most everyone carrying a camera at all times in the form of their Smart Phone.

The 2023 Fashion Show started with a few random people, including Albert Einstein. They soon shifted the focus to people who lived in the Pleasant Valley area -- farmers, school teachers, and farmhands, culminating with Mrs. Inez Howell and her husband, she donated the acreage to the County upon the death of her husband.

Enjoy the collection of photos.






















No comments:

Post a Comment