Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Running in Villers L'Eveque, Belgium

After the semi marathon at Disneyland Paris, I returned to the AirBnB, showered, changed, and took three different trains to Liege, Belgium. Four if you count the local seven minute RER ride from the AirBnB to the TGV station. By the time I arrived in Belgium I was exhausted. I slept about 12 hours that night.

A couple of days later Renee, my host mother, suggested I go for a 6.2 kilometer run in her neighborhood. She rode her bicycle ahead of me so I wouldn't get lost. Trust me there were many places I wanted to cut the course short. My legs were still tired from the half marathon. She was being sweet, and I pressed on. 

It was fun. 

I should have taken a picture of the route. It looked mostly like this -- farm country. At one point we passed another cyclist. Another point a car was zipping through too quickly. Even Madame yelled at him.








What Big Road?

I'm pleased to say I was going faster than this snail,


Back to the busy street.


Back to their house.
I'm glad she got me out for a 3.6 mile run. What that showed me is I need to get out and run a lot more often. I'm glad I had a chance to explore the area in a way I didn't do when I was living with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment