Pages

Friday, January 5, 2018

2018 Resolutions

I share my resolutions for the New Year with the hope at least some of you will hold me to them. As I look back on my 2017 resolutions I am both pleased some of them came true, and dismayed others did not. As with everyone reading this, I am a work in progress and I have room for improvement.

I'm going to start with repeating a few of the goals that were not successes last year.

1) Join a parent group at Ashley's school and get to know more people at the school while helping out. She only has 2 1/2 years left for me to make a dent in this goal. High school really does go by quickly!

2) Add another country to my list of countries visited. Okay, this a cheat one since we have a North Sea cruise planned for August to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Since I failed in it last year, though, I feel compelled to add it to 2018.

3) Try new low-carb recipes. I did great with the vegetarian recipes, I believe, because my goal was concrete. This one was too vague to judge. Maybe a cute name like Wacky Wednesday (going low-carb in this country is wacky, right?). Accepting suggestions for the next week.

4) Continue to try to stop wasting time. I suppose I should add an app to keep me off of Facebook during the day.

New goals:

5) Host an exchange student (application already submitted).

6) Find a part-time job (applications submitted, ongoing I suppose).

7) Walk or run 2018 miles in 2018 (signed up for Run the Year).

8) Join a CSA: Community Supported Agriculture (Chose one, application due next month).

9) Reconnect to high school friends by helping to plan the 30 plus 1 reunion (already on the committee).

I might add a goal or two, but so far this list looks good. What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment