Pages

Friday, October 27, 2023

Lambertville's Union Street at Night

After checking out the Halloween displays on North Union Street in the daytime, I encouraged Don to return at night. Researching Dolores Dragan's house, I saw she uses a black light at night to give her creations a completely different look. This time I brought my DSLR camera, as well as my iPhone, and took more pictures. Since it was dark out, we drove rather than taking the tandem on the towpath.

They sing, too, just like at Disney


Some new displays since a few days earlier

















One more look at the displays curbside



A little later would have been better, but the line had grown to longer than we felt like standing on it since we had already seen it in broad daylight and again at dusk. We satisfied our curiosity by seeing how the ones in front of the house transformed rather than standing in line for our turn to go into her backyard. I wonder how long before she convinces the owner on the other side of the duplex to let her expand her display to their backyard so there could be one way traffic. She has already taken over their porch and by the sidewalk.

When we went during the day a local artist was creating a painting based on one of the scenes. He was waiting for a small child to stop by so he could include the awe. He said he has made one painting each of the past few years. He sets up his tripod and spends many hours capturing the image. What a treasure! I would love to see his collection. I wonder if he gives them to the family? They would make a unique silent (or live) auction item for charity. Even though he was still working on it the Wednesday before Halloween, I could see it was going to be incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment