Pages

Friday, October 6, 2023

Trip Update #9: Home

I stayed awake for most of the flights home, the first flight because I had someone's knees in my back, a toddler who refused to sleep to my left, and the person in front of me taking two seats, but insisting on reclining only the seat in front of me instead of the middle seat, which was empty. The saving grace of the flight was the guy in the window seat not waking me to get up and that the seat between us was empty. The second flight was better, but I was excited about being home.

For the record, you can make it from the international end of Vancouver's airport, through customs and passport control, and to the domestic side in about 45 minutes. It helps to have Global Entry (Don forgot he had it, and spent a little longer crossing the border). I made it to the second gate with 30 minutes to spare, not quite enough time to stand in the Tim Horton's line for a sandwich.

Getting to church was made possible by planes, trains, and an automobile. Thanks to Google Maps, I knew when the next train was to arrive to take me to Princeton Junction, as well as how to catch the shuttle train to the train station. Don picked me up at the train station in his car. I made it home in time to brush my teeth, change, and walk to the 7:30 PM Taize service. That night I slept about 16 hours.

I woke up to the news that Don was laid off. (Though expected, still an adjustment.)

Since then I can't seem to sleep for more than a few hours at a time.

We took over 8,000 pictures over 28 days.

My glasses are somewhere between our friends' house in Brisbane and our home in New Jersey.

I have been exceptionally unproductive all week.

As I cull pictures and write blogposts, the posts will appear under the date the events took place. It is too complicated to adjust the dates for the international date line, so just roll with it if you want to read our adventures, or skip it if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment