Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

March Madness 2022

For years we have referred to March as March Madness, not because of a certain basketball tournament, but because of the sheer number of plays we try to squeeze into a month. Seems most high schools have their musicals in March so as to not interfere in Spring Break. A quick search in the Pillsbury Press archives brings up 2013, 2014 did not get written, 2015, 2016, and 2017. I don't see posts for 2018 and 2019, and, of course, 2020's March Madness was cut short due to Covid.

While we enjoy seeing shows year-round March has become the month where Ashley was involved with shows at SAS and ND. Plus friends and their children were involved with plays.

This March I saw:

February 27 and 28: Miss You Like Hell at Muhlenberg -- Ashley was the stage manager. (practically March)


March 12: Bye, Bye Birdie at Notre Dame High School. It was a treat not knowing the drama behind the scenes and being able to sit back and enjoy the show.


March 26: Princeton High School's musical Curtains, starring Isabelle (my friend Laura's daughter).

March 27: Rider University's Showcase

March 31: Lawrence High School's production of Once Upon a Mattress.


By the end of the month I feel as if I was finally hitting my stride. While this year I saw a lot less shows (Don only went to one with me), it was far more than we have have been able to see since 2019. Live theater is returning. May we never lose that feeling of awe when the curtain rises again.


No comments:

Post a Comment