Pages

Monday, April 25, 2022

Food of New Orleans

When I return to New Orleans (note when, not if) I hope the trip either includes a braver me or an friend who is also an omnivore. People were not exaggerating when they told me there is no such thing as a bad meal in NOLA.

Ashley was a wonderful travel companion. Her interest in trying new things was right on level with mine -- what I would grade a medium. We were both willing to try new things like gumbo, jambalaya, and po'boys, but afraid to commit to fried alligator and all sorts of seafood. In a different time (such as one with Covid is no longer a concern), we probably would have gone to an all you could eat buffet so we could sample some of the foods. That was not this trip.

Squid. Alligator. Shrimp. Octopus. Most seafood. All not happening on this trip.

If I brought a friend willing to commit to these exotic foods, maybe I would have tried them.  

At the recommendation of a friend we went to Mothers. We went early enough there was not the line they are famous for -- the line that evidently they pay people to stand in to make themselves look busier than they are.

We also ate at Hard Rock Cafe, and Horns, and the Corner Cafe near the cathedral. I let Ashley have a say in where we ate, and full control over what she ordered. She did surprise (and please) me by trying new foods.







Even airport food is tasty in New Orleans



No comments:

Post a Comment