Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Hiding Our True Colors -- in a socially acceptable way

On Monday morning (June 22) hair salons opened up again in the state of New Jersey. Thirteen weeks without a hair appointment was a long time. I was lucky. I went a few days before they shut down. Many others were not so lucky.

When I heard the restrictions were being lifted I called my salon. I lucked into the first appointment. When I got there I learned someone pushed their way ahead of me, but then canceled that morning, so I stayed their first customer.

Before
The length didn't bother me, but the texture was feeling off. As was the color.

The inside of the salon was pretty much the same. They said they spaced out the chairs, but it felt similar. Still felt safe. They are having less people in the room at a time, but since I always go on off-peak times, it felt normal to me.

We both wore our masks. I changed masks to keep hair dye off of my pretty mask. I will note there seemed to be a $20 surcharge I was not told about (which is why I am not listing their name). I still double tipped to make up for the long time, but won't tip as generously next time. It might have been a blow dry fee because my stylist asked if I wanted my hair dried (something she has never asked me before). I didn't care, but as an artist I know she enjoys doing it so I said yes. If that's the case, I wish she had been up front about it.



After 
 I made my next appointment for August.

No comments:

Post a Comment