Pages

Friday, June 26, 2020

Truest Friends After 50

I saw this article on Grown and Flown about one woman's surprise that she made her truest friends after turning 50. I wanted to leap up and down reading it.

Last fall I turned 50. The year before I lost my best friend. I've been on a quest to find, hate to call her a replacement, but really that's how I am feeling, a new BFF.

I didn't want to post the link on my FaceBook page because I don't want to hurt the feelings of people who I feel fall more in the category of acquaintance than friend. I have plenty of people in my life if I reach out to first, will respond to me. Some will even lead to nice conversations. But no one I would consider falls in the best friend category. That person always up for a chat and a visit. The sounding board. The person who will reach out to me first about as often as I reach out to her first.

Someone who always seems happy to hear from me. Who doesn't make me feel as if I am a burden.

Our long-range plans include moving to Westerville, Ohio. Reading the article made me wonder if my new BFF, or even better a cluster of friends, is in Ohio. Time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment