Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Just wanna vent

I woke up cranky. 

I admit it. I own it. It just is.

Anyone reading this and casting judgement, remember when you point at someone, three fingers point back at you. In other words, I guarantee you have had a cranky day or two. It is okay to not appear perfect, especially on a public blog.

Even as I was feeling cranky, I knew the triggers -- I didn't eat enough last night (therefore I was hungry), I didn't sleep well (therefore I was tired), and my foot still hurts (therefore I was in pain).

It was that kind of day. The kind of day I just wanted a close friend to vent to. I just wanted someone to tell me life will feel better after I have a cup of tea and eat breakfast Or maybe it would feel better because a friend cared.

I couldn't think of anyone to really vent to. Anyone I felt safe unloading to.

As I sit down to write this I realize it is the sixth anniversary of Carin's passing. Silly me, I thought I'd have a new BFF by now. Should have realized good friends like that are impossible to replace.

Rather than wallowing in my crankiness, I got dressed, ate breakfast, ate lunch, ate second lunch, left the house.

Crankiness has been replaced by sadness.

If you are reading this, and you care, drop me a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment