Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Words of Wisdom

In my 50s I'm still learning life lessons. The biggest one is when someone ghosts you, chances are it is about them and not about me. Sure, there are times I tick someone off so beyond repair they'll never speak to me again no matter what I do, but 90% of the time, it is them.

Over the weekend a friend apologized for not replying to my texts. I won't go into it, but it wasn't me. Another friend texted out of the blue and said she'll be in Philadelphia next month, can we get together?

People are busy. People are stressed. People don't have the bandwidth to do it all --especially since the pandemic.

Another lesson learned about work, the problems were not about me. My successor has tried explaining she needs to know what tangible items we are using for the donations. Key information is kept secret when asked, and not forthrightly disclosed when not asked. 

It was never about me.

Knowing this, helps me move forward with my life with less caution and more ability to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment