Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Reflections on 2023 Resolutions

It is that time of year again when I think about the direction I want my life to take in the New Year. Resolutions might be too strong a term. I started the tradition in 2014. Twelve months later I see think about the things that happened that I could not have imagined when I wrote the list, and reflect on how I want to change the course.

Last year I made the usual goal of travelling more. I knew we planned to go to Italy to see Ashley, but I never would have dreamed that my life would take me to New Zealand and Australia -- fulfilling a dream I first had in 1987 when I wanted to be an exchange student in Australia, and the Rotary Club sent me to Belgium instead.

The second resolution did not happen as I had thought it would. I wanted to bring back the WiNK service, instead we joined the church and both became more active with the 10 am service.

The third was about leaving my job, which I did, but it took until the end of August before I finally left. I still don't know my next step professionally, because in the meantime Don lost his job and my energy went into helping him figure out his next step.

Then there was health. A year later I still don't consistently have the energy level I want, but I'm on a new path: treating my thyroid. Dr. Adi assured me I'd start to feel like my old self two weeks into taking the new medicine. It has been fifteen days and I'm waiting. Last night I had a huge surge of energy at 10 pm. Today I napped at 3 pm. It is not there yet.

Exercise. Low energy does not help motivate me to exercise. I did some roller skating, but not enough. Hopefully this year I'll take a class to learn some techniques.

Still pondering my new resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment