Pages

Friday, August 13, 2021

Running ... or rather, not running

 Sometimes I use my blog to help me think out loud. This is one of those times.


I haven't been running lately.

I'm at the point that I'm embarrassed when someone asks me about my running.

Why am I not running? Let me list thy excuses:

1) It has been too hot

2) It has been too humid

3) I am not signed up for any races, therefore I have no motivation

4) I am not enjoying it


(More later)


Later is now ... I just cleaned up from my second run in August. It is nearly the end of the month.



I wore my Trenton Half Marathon skirt from several years ago to remind myself I really can do it, and paired it with a Sparkle Skirt to remind myself I really do enjoy doing it.

It was slow.

But, I did it.

I found it hard to find a good breathing pace and to melt into the motion.

The cooler weather helps.

I think I'll have to return to Couch to 5K to get back into it mentally, because once I can do it mentally, the physically part will fall into place. Running is a lot more mental than non-runners give it credit.


No comments:

Post a Comment