Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaNoWriMo

Chances are good you have never heard of NaNoWriMo and you only opened this link to see why I am writing gibberish. While writing gibberish, per se, is not the goal of NaNoWriMo, writing is the goal.

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. It is 30 days set aside to encourage writers of all stages in their writing career to write every day. That's it!

Through their website, you can get encouragement and track your progress, or you can just do it on your own. Writing is a lonely experience, but that doesn't mean that writers don't appreciate cheerleading and support to help them reach their goals.

The deal is, by writing 500 words a day, at the end of 30 days you will have 15,000 word written, which is a good chunk of the way closer to a book. Many New Year's Resolutions including writing a book this year, NaNoWriMo helps you wrap up that goal before the end of the year, or at least have a solid dent in the process.

I've decided for 2014, keeping up with my stated resolutions are enough -- I've taken a photo every day so far, I've run in states new to me, I've cooked Meatless Mondays, that I've decided to table NaNoWriMo until 2015. 

No matter what your goals are in life, keep this in mind:
Inch by inch is a cinch
Yard by yard is hard
Mile by mile is a trial

Keep working on your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment