Pages

Friday, August 26, 2022

One

I've recently been hearing the advice of "one" -- do one pushup, email one friend, clean one drawer. 

I emailed one resume.

It has only been a day. I don't expect to land the first job I applied for. But, I applied for it. Doing so reminded me of the time a supervisor stole my work and in retaliation I sent out one resume -- in those days by mail -- and landed that one job. I likely would have stayed there, but I left it for the job of being Ashley's mom full-time. 

One.

As Ashley returns to school, I'll continue to look for ways I can do "one" of something. May that "one" lead to "two" then "three." 

Book one vacation.

Write one blog post.

Attend one worship service.

Run one mile. 

The options are limitless.



An update: the One resume led to One interview which led to One second interview. Waiting to find out if that will lead to One job offer.


Second update: the second interview led to a sorry we decided not to hire you email. The day before I learned they were increasing the hours at my part time job to make me full-time, so there is that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment