Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Yesterday Was a Good Day

NOTE: I started to write this post a week ago. The emotions just keep flying.

I complain so much on here I thought I should write a post about a good day in the "new normal."

It rained all day, which helped me give myself permission to watch "The Crown" on Netflix, a show I have been thinking about watching for a couple of years now and is as good as everyone said it is.

Ashley's high school sent out an email saying there will be more surprises coming to the students. Today we get to pick up a lawn sign. 



Reading between the lines they are not returning to school this year, but rather than ripping the band-aid off the wound as so many states and schools have done, they are treating us with kindness and letting our hearts heal step by step.

The other news from her high school was that clubs were starting up again -- including the spring show. They are still performing "Metamorphases," but through Zoom. Instead of holding auditions, everyone who was involved with last year's show was automatically cast. The stage managers are also included, though the four stage managers don't know what their role will be with this format. Still, they are trying something.

Later that day her top choice sent an email offering a free online summer school class. A free college class? Tell me how to sign up!

I left with the feeling somehow this will all work out and we'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment