Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Writing and Running

Writing and Running have a lot in common for me, besides the obvious connection that they both start with the R sound. Both help me keep my sanity. Neither have I done in the past week.

The less I run and the less I write the less I can keep my focus, yet I can't seem to do either.

I can list excuses:
1) I have a cold
2) Ashley has finals
3) Don is still unemployed
4) It is windy outside
5) I just don't want to, and you can't make it

None of this solves anything. Even creating to do lists has no impact on my desire to get things done. I want to "bromate" like Sandy Dragon as the laundry and dishes pile higher, as I don't do what I need to do to grow my business, as I read more and more about the executive orders the new POTUS continues to issue.

I woke up feeling I needed to do something different, so I am starting with writing since it is still windy outside and running takes more energy than writing. Maybe a walk can lead to a run, as happened last Sunday. Maybe not. 

May I find the motivation I need. When I am filled with it, I find it easier for me to encourage others to be motivated, too. For now, though, the well is dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment