Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Random Thoughts -- a stray one

It has been a tiring week. We said goodbye to Aunt Elva twice -- Monday in Boston and Thursday in New Jersey. Spent time with Don's cousins on Wednesday. Moved my office home on Tuesday. Saw a friend's daughter perform in Carnegie Hall on Thursday. Dinner with Ashley's girlfriend on Friday. I'm tired of talking to people, yet want to hear from someone (just about anyone) I have not heard from in a while and jump start a friendship. I just don't have the energy to be the spark needed to make that happen.

I recently lamented to a friend I am tired of being the one to reach out first. Some tell me they really appreciate it, but hitting 50 made me realize I don't want to reach out first every. single. time. And yet, I want to feel as if I belong. I think everyone wants to feel as if they belong.

I am not being productive today. I'm going to try to shift gears and blog. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment