Pages

Friday, April 12, 2019

2019 Tomato Soup 4 Miler

For the fourth year in a row I did the Tomato Soup 4-miler in Washington Crossing, PA.

2016
2017
2018

This is one of those races what you see is what you get. It is a 4-mile race along the canal and back again. I like it because I tend to bump into friends, plus is in early March, which helps motivate me to get out and run in February when it is bleak out. The distance is longer than 5K, but not really far.

The day before the race they said they had some cancellations, so Don was able to sign up for a last minute bib. He went into the race having not run since Run the Bridge in November.

We did not run together.







Gabrielle and I are probably the only two people wearing skirts, though I think I did see a man wearing a kilt.

We already signed up for 2020. Next year they are planning to make the grilled cheese sandwiches on site, which should make them melt in our mouths at the end of the race.

Time:
Jacquie: 44.32
Don: 48.02

Maybe next year I'll be at a sub-11 minute pace. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment