Pages

Friday, April 27, 2018

Indoor Mini Golf for a Cause

Last week Stacy invited me to the Rescue Mission's 14th Annual Adam Shanks Mission Miniature Golf Tournament. For $60 people could play 18 holes of mini golf on the third floor of the Rescue Mission in Trenton. The idea alone captured my imagination. Stacy reminded me this would be a good opportunity for me to do some networking, a skill I need to exercise more often as my search for a part-time job continues. 

The real draw was that her law firm donated two of Honey Bunny's paintings. 

They are hanging about a dozen of her inner city paintings in their office, but wanted to share her artwork with others. 

Mary Gay, the tireless leader of The Rescue Mission, admired her artwork and is working to connect me with a local museum who might be interested in displaying some of her art in an upcoming exhibit. 






Stacy took her artwork and framed it using a mat cutter and very basic frames. She has inspired us to do the same with more of her artwork, though upgrading on the quality of frames. 

The golfing was what you might expect from inside an old factory. Local non-profits and companies sponsored holes. People teamed up with their friends to play golf. It was a very unique fundraiser, that is also very appealing. I hope they raised a lot of money.










No comments:

Post a Comment