Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

WPIX Pix of the Day


Every night during the 5 PM news, WPIX (a New York City television station) posts their "Patch Pix of the Day." Living in Central New Jersey, and not one to watch TV very often, I was not aware of this honor until my editor emailed me on August 16 to say I was chosen as for this honor. 

WPIX selects a story each day each from New York, Connecticut and New Jersey, as well as a photograph, to highlight on their nightly news at approximately 5:45 PM. My picture (above) was selected from the photo gallery I created about the Sustainable Jersey Farm to Table event at Terhune Orchards on August 9.


Between Don and I, we took 550 pictures, which were culled down to 174 for this photo gallery. The shot of the chefs was helped by Mother Nature who provided a beautiful rainbow following a torrential rainstorm. The post-rainstorm weather provided a magical touch to the fundraiser.

Thank you for letting me indulge as my prize for being chosen as the WPIX Pix of the Day is simply bragging rights, and a mention on my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment