Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hibernation

Today marks the one month mark since we last saw our lawn. We have adopted an attitude of "if you can't beat it, then join it."

Ashley has been sledding and playing in the snow with her friends. She seems to be having blast whenever it snows. So far there has been one snow day and two delayed openings. It is currently snowing and not supposed to stop until tomorrow morning, so I suspect we might have at least a delayed opening tomorrow. There are still 53 more days until Spring!


I ran a 5K on January 1st. This weather has really cut into my training. Most days I am opting for a walk in the snow rather than a run, but I have managed to go for at least one 3 mile run each week, sometimes two. My goal is still 3 runs of increasing mileage, but I'll take what I feel comfortable doing for now.

Don is the one enjoying each snowstorm the most. He recently purchased a "wovel," think eco-friendly snow blower and uses it to clear our driveway and sidewalk. His new motto is "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."





In the meantime I am enjoying this bright sign of
hope I saw in our yard a couple of days ago.

How are you staying warm and sane this snowy winter? Be safe!

2 comments:

  1. your blog is very nice! An open window to another reality! I just registered. I'm an Italian girl who writes about beauty, pass by me if you like!

    http://thatredpassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete