Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2021

18 Months into the Pandemic

 I wish I had wise words for this milestone. I have thoughts, but not answers.

* How are we still here?

* Why couldn't we have adjusted to a life of masks sooner and let graduations and celebrations happen for Ashley and her classmates?

* Why hasn't the FDA approved a vaccine for under 12 year olds?

Masks are common in our part of the country, but not in other parts. 

Proof of vaccination is required in NYC, but not in New Jersey. 

Labor shortages exist. I've heard rumors of a shortage of paper towels, paper, and turkeys (buy Tom the Turkey early this year). 

After 18 months, I feel numb to it. 

I'm starting to get out again as things reopen, but in the back of my head there is the fear I could catch COVID.

This week Don learned he may never return to the office. What a change from 18 1/2 months ago when he was told he could never work even a day from home. Now we share an office.

Wonder what the next 18 months will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment