Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Appreciate a Dragon Day

It seems everything has a "day," so it was no great surprise when I googled bearded dragon appreciation day and learned it falls on January 16. While I like to think we appreciate Sandy Claws every day, he might disagree.

To celebrate the official day, we gave Sandy 20 large crickets (instead of his usual 10) and snuggled with him. The weekend before he was on my team when I played Scrabble with Don, Ashley, and my parents. Though we did not keep score, I think we won.

At this point I feel Sandy is more my pet than Ashley's because I take care of his medical needs, snuggle with him many nights, and feed him veggies. He likes Don a lot, too, because he gives him crickets.

Of course Ashley loves him a lot, too.

Not too bad for a 12 1/2 year old dragon (who has a life span of 8-10 years (other say 5 to 9), with the Guinness record holder still alive at 18). 

Viva Sandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment