Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

2013 O Christmas Trees

Each year since we decided to use a fake tree, we have added a tree. In 2012, we had three trees. In 2013 we now have four. My feeling is rather than have the ornaments collect dust in the basement, we need to either get rid of them, or display them. We opted to display them.

Our new one this year is in the dining room. As you can guess from the Snow White tree topper, this tree is dedicated to all ornaments Disney. It is amazing it has taken us this long to have an all-Disney tree.




The idea of having themed Christmas trees began when Debbi gave us a fake tree to use for our Coca Cola ornaments in the Coke room.



That was followed by a tree dedicated to food in the kitchen featuring mostly Pillsbury, Campbell and Hershey ornaments.



Our main tree is in the living room. It has ornaments from my childhood, photo ornaments, ornaments commemorating firsts in our lives as well as trips and plays and special times in our lives. If we only set up one tree, or we went back to having a live tree, it would include these ornaments. 













At Christmas I always display my grandmother's nativity set. Back in 2001 and 2002 we were on a quest for a nativity set. I wanted something durable, since we knew we were going to have a baby, yet not too cheap. Those years we only found super expensive sets (think Lenox) or super cheap ones (think Dollar Store) but nothing that we liked in-between. Then my grandmother passed away and my mom passed her nativity set onto us. I think of her every time I set it up.

I also bring up pictures of Ashley at Christmas and display them in the living room. The collection keeps growing. 

Merry Christmas everyone!






Update: we just bought a 5th tree for Ashley's room. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment