Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Pandemic Life

 I know I have not written much lately. I have great blog posts in my head, and no energy to make them move into my fingers and onto the screen.

Overall, life has been draining. I spend too much time on my laptop or phone, and too little time with people. I feel disconnected from life.

Seeing people brings a new set of challenges. Masks or no masks? Trump or Biden? Or worse ... "I don't care who wins."

I feel I can't get diabetes under control, despite finally finding a caring doctor and agreeing to take medicine.

Work has been draining. A three week construction project finally concluded after nearly three months. Which should have been expected, but still. I was kicked out of my office over a weekend and found my desk in the board room (a room with four entrances and no privacy). Still, I tried to smile my way through it.

Trying hard to put an online gala together, but get told what I am doing is wrong when I try to do it differently than when it was in person -- it is a different event! Accept it!

Ashley is coming home in two weeks. Will she return to Muhlenberg in February? Who knows. As Coronavirus cases keep climbing no one wants to commit to having the students return. On the other hand, the school depends upon the tuition and housing dollars to pay their staff, and maintain their facilities. No students = no revenue. Less students = less revenue. It is not all about money, but a good bit of it is.

All these thoughts spin around.

At least we know in 73 days we will have a new President. There is a countdown to hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment