Pages

Monday, September 3, 2018

Day at Sea

Our nine-day cruise included two days at sea. That sounded both relaxing and wasteful. On the one hand, my notes show I did not wake up until 10 AM that day, mind you we did lose an hour so it was really 9 AM. On the other hand, they could have found someplace for us to visit. Right?

My plan was to type up my notes from the trip so I wouldn't be doing that after I get home, and so they would still be fresh in my mind. My ten-year old Duo (smaller and sturdier than my laptop) had other ideas. I haven't used it much in the past five years. I couldn't even get it to turn on.

I already had written notes, so no reason to do that.

The other part of my plan was to run 10 miles on the 1/8 of a mile track as people sunbathed. I met Rachel, who was doing the same. Rachel was traveling with her 93-year old grandmother and her sister. Unfortunately our paths did not cross again. I had a couple of 4-year old cheerleaders for a while who made me feel like a rock star. Still more exciting than doing the same on a treadmill.


Omelet station for breakfast 
After the run, and after cleaning up, I went into the Garden Grill Cafe --the buffet opened most of the day. I was shocked to see the place was packed at 3 PM. People were camped out.

That night we ate dinner in the Manhattan Room -- one of only a few places requiring people to dress up (polos and khakis for men, dresses and skirts for women, kids could wear "nice" shorts). 

Afterwards we saw "Burn the Floor," their Broadway-style show. Guess I am a bit jaded, but it was nowhere near Broadway quality. Just bill it as lots of dancing and be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment