Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

New Running Skirt Made from Race Shirts

Last year while running the Perfect 10 Miler I spotted someone with a really cool skirt -- it was made up of running shirts. An idea was born. In 2011 and 2013 I ran the Disneyland Half Marathons and absolutely hated the "free" shirts. They were boxy. Had odd stitching. And were ill-fitting. Still, I kept them because I loved the events.

I asked a friend if she could make it. She agreed, but it never panned out. In the end that was good thing because when I ran the Disneyland Paris races this fall I had the opposite problem -- the shirts were cut way too small (about an inch smaller all around than in 2016, too late to take another picture now).



I sent Rebekah this picture:


And this weblink:

https://trailbrat.wordpress.com/2015/08/18/make-a-running-skirt-from-your-race-tshirts/

And some money.

And she sent me this:



The skirt was a huge hit! For once I was the one being stopped and photographed along the route, instead of the other way around. People asked me how I did it (I said a friend made it for me). I promised to blog about it and put in some tags. I wore it with Sparkle Shorts underneath because they have the best pockets. The skirt is super comfortable, fun to wear, and easy to wash.

I heard two men say they wanted one, too. There were many overheard conversations about "is that what I think it is?" and "how did you do it?" and "I want to do that" and "I was going to turn them into a quilt, but I like this idea better."

Seamstresses, this is a niche market just waiting for your needle and thread.


The above is a picture with the medals on it.

2017 Disneyland Paris Semi Marathon
2017 Disneyland Paris 10k
2017 Disneyland Paris 5k
2016 Disneyland Paris Semi Marathon
2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare
2013 Disneyland Half Marathon
2013 Disneyland 10k
2011 Disneyland Half Marathon



No comments:

Post a Comment