Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Birthday

In our household we like to celebrate birthday months, and not just birthdays, so hopefully most post is a little premature as we are only eight days into my birthday month. I can always add to this.

Last weekend my best friend Carin, whose birthday was a week earlier, suggested we take each other out to Panera. That was a nice treat! The next day my parents had the gang over for dinner.

The day before my birthday Don and Ashley cooked for me. Anyone who is the primary dinner maker in their household can immediately see how exciting this is to me. They did not just make me dinner, they made all three meals for me, and served me. The caveat was the meals had to all be low carb (under 30 grams of carbohydrates) in keeping with the diet I am following to control my blood sugar (which seems to be working).

For breakfast they made French toast using Ezekial bread. I was too hungry to take a picture.

They outdid themselves with lunch. They made a pizza with a cauliflower crust. They even ate the same meal as I did.


For dinner we had a salad while waiting for the quiche to finish cooking. Overall they used 17 eggs (Ashley also made her famous brownies). Fortunately I bought three dozen the day before.

The night of my actual birthday we went to Charlie Browns and relaxed around the table.

The day after my birthday Don and I saw Springsteen in concert. I'd call that a "bucket list" item, but I don't want to think of myself as old enough to need one. Let's just call it a dream concert -- and it was dreamy.

Let's see what the rest of the month brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment