Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Photography Class

This winter I took a 3-week photography class from the Princeton Adult School. It was taught by a Lambertville-based photographer named Stephen. I took the class because though I've used nice digital cameras for at least a decade, I still shoot in the IA setting. People who know what they are doing, fiddle with the settings and take amazing pictures, but I feel mine are mostly flat. If they are really nice, it was dumb luck, or taken on my iPhone (also with dumb luck).

One of things I learned was how I could use the F1 button to adjust the lighting to get the effect I want.

This is an example of me tooling around with that feature while at Fusterlandia in Havana, Cuba.




While my end result was not exactly what I wanted, I still enjoyed seeing the changes between pictures. I need to go out and spend an afternoon by myself taking lots of pictures so it becomes more automatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment