Pages

Friday, October 15, 2021

Sunflowers not Tuilips

This past May I went to Holland Ridge Farms to tip toe through the tulips. I went alone because I didn't have the energy to round anyone up to go with me. Planning group activities have always had some challenges (when? who?), but these days you add levels of Covid-comfort and the list who who shrinks. I went alone and made the best of it.

Fast forward a few months to October. This time of year they have sunflowers instead of tulips. Learning from my mistake last time (I went the last week) we opted to go in the middle. The pink and red sunflowers seemed gone (though we did find white ones) leaving mostly traditional yellow sunflowers, some of which were severely decapitated, and a lot of zinnias and other wildflowers. Each you could purchase for $1 a stem at the end. I only bought one sunflower in the end.

This time I went with a new group of friends: Red Hat Society.

I think the Red Hatters deserve a separate post, in a nutshell I found a group of women who are willing to dress silly in public, take pictures, do fun activities, and smile. We can all use more of that in our lives.

Here are some pictures from our day at the sunflower festival.





















No comments:

Post a Comment