Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Ashley Fix


Is it just me or has this past year felt at least five years? We are about halfway through Ashley's second semester of college and I was really missing her. Due to a sudden spike in cases, her college went on a strict lockdown (no eating in the dining hall, no indoor anything, no visiting each other's rooms, etc.). Then we learned about a friend whose son (someone Ashley went to middle school with) suffered a traumatic brain injury when he hit his head while helping a friend move furniture. On top of that I was having a tough week at work. By the end of the week I needed a hug from Ashley. I needed to talk to her in person. 

Being fully vaccinated I said the risk is low, and if need be I'll call the dean and ask for permission to visit and get a hug. She agreed to the visit and the hug without getting the dean involved.

Yes, it did help. A lot.

As planned, we did go up the following week for Easter. I didn't want to wait that long.

Thank you, Ashley.



No comments:

Post a Comment